Friday, December 18, 2009

Bah Humbug


Honestly, I've been grumpy. Is it the cold, the dark short days? Or those joyful people with money and shopping lists to fill when I have no money?  The bills I cannot pay when I want to?  The doubt ... does God have cattle on a thousand hills? Am I grumpy because of  the constant reminders that am alone amidst the family holiday season? The unanswered questions of why does God give me the desire for companionship and desire  for children but hold it back seemly to torment me at times. Honestly, God...sometime You  seems cruel..especially around the holidays.

Yet.. I know God is not cruel. Everything is the Lord's
  psalm 24
 1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
       the world, and all who live in it;(including me)

Purim though... THIS is a holiday I like:  An aside: I wonder if God minds if I pick and choose what I like in His word?

Esther 9
 20 Mordecai recorded these events, and he sent letters to all the Jews throughout the provinces of King Xerxes, near and far, 21 to have them celebrate annually the fourteenth and fifteenth days of the month of Adar 22 as the time when the Jews got relief from their enemies, and as the month when their sorrow was turned into joy and their mourning into a day of celebration. He wrote them to observe the days as days of feasting and joy and giving presents of food to one another and gifts to the poor.

I would pray this prayer Lord: That You would provide relief from my enemies and turn my sorrow into joy and a day of celebration. May the enemy be drowned out of my life by more than a mere banging of pots and twirling of noise makers. Shouts of Yeah! when Mordecai's name is sounded to the shout of Joy when You get the victory!.. amen! Please make it so...

http://www.pyzam.com/graphics/details/4535

No comments:

Post a Comment