Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Be Diligent : Do others see progress in my life?

1 Timothy 4:15 
In my reading tonight, I came across this verse and it kind of struck me on how it applies to my life. Paul was writing to Timothy about his ministry, his spiritual gift, his speech, conduct, love, faith and purity. He was to be an example to others. He was to use the gifts God had given to him. His life (purchased by God's Son) was to be an example. Is this only for Timothy or does it apply to the believers of today as well? Is my hope on the Living God (1Tim 5:10)? Is Gods word alive and living and working in my heart?


Am I giving wholly of myself, being absorbed, being immersed,  and throwing myself into the task at hand? Does 1Tim 4:15 apply to my life and if so.. am I being diligent? Do others see progress? 

(New International Version) : Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.

(New American Standard Bible): Take pains with these things; be absorbed in them, so that your progress will be evident to all. 

(King James Version): Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

(English Standard Version): Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.

(New Living Translation): Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress. 

Dear Father... make this verse (Your word) real and active in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment