Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Truth: God's Word



Psalm 47:2 (New International Version)

 2 How awesome is the LORD Most High,
       the great King over all the earth!

Psalm 47:2 (New American Standard)
  For the Lord Most High is to be feared, A great King over all the earth!

AWE: an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God;

I recently had someone email me a cartoon of Jesus. I have been greatly bothered
this , not only for the bad teaching of the text but the cartoon depiction of Jesus. I am even more disturbed that even though the text has incorrect teaching that there is a higher meaning in the cartoon that I am apparently not getting. What happen to holding God in esteem, honor, and fearing the Lord? Are we to treat the Lord Most High in a lite handed manner?



Are we not supposed to fear and be in awe of God? Should we dilute the truth with untruth just to depart some deeper meaning or to be cute and clever?


I am depressed...my spirit is subdued..  I never want to handle Gods word lightly ever again. I never again want to believe in only part of the of Gods truth. If it is not true, why live? All will be lost if God is not who He says.
How I have sinned against God in all I have done in my life. I am undone...



My soul cleaves to the dust;
Revive me according to your word.
I have told of my ways, and You have answered me;
Teach me Your statues.
Make me understand the way of Your Precepts,
so I will meditate on Your wonders.
My soul weeps because of grief;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
Remove the false way from me.
And graciously grant me Your law.
Ps 119:25-29




No comments:

Post a Comment