Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Love to Breathe!

A few encouraging verses:
Gen 2:7 Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breathe of life; and man became a living being.  

Our very life comes from God... Our breath comes from God. Our body is made by God. We are not some random series of mutations from amino acids to flesh and bone. How could God not have made it all?

Gen 6:17 Behold, I, even I am bringing the flood of water upon the earth, to destroy all flesh in which is the breath of life....


Breath gives us life... God controls our breath. It gives us life... without which  the heart can do nothing. Our days are but a breath (Job 7:16)

I have always had trouble holding my breath. In Minnesota I took kayak lessons once and failed miserably at it. We had to flip the kayak and hold your breath and tap on the exterior of the kayak (upside down in the water) while counting to some number. I would always panic. Needless to say, a Lake Superior kayak trip was not in my future. As a youngster, I tried smoking and never managed... I felt extremely 'uncool' about the whole thing. Now.. I acknowledge to the Most High God... He gives me breath.. With my asthma, that which I took for granted I now thank God  for who is the provider of my breath. He sustains me.
                                                                                                                                                http://fineartamerica.com/featured/lions-breath-lisa-kane.html

No comments:

Post a Comment