Friday, January 15, 2010

Distractions From Getting in Gods Word

How is it after a couple of good encouraging sermons of getting in the word from my Harvest Pastors it is so easy to get distracted. From work, to health issues, to news, taxes, studies, money, worry, anxiety  everything seems to get in the way.  The list is endless.
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northridge_earthquake

The news this weeks  reminded me of my own brush with moving earth and buildings that shake and sway. How afraid I was. Did it turn me to God.. or His word? No.. I had all I needed to get by. I did not need to depend on God but my own  strength.  Lord, remind me not to dwell on the past but to seek you in all things. You are the creator of both the Heaven and the Earth (yes... even the earth that sways).

No comments:

Post a Comment