Monday, February 22, 2010

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.


Have I kept the whole law? What if I only want to keep part of it? The traditions, the holidays, the sabbath... I only want to keep the part of the law that is easy..


What about.... those not so easy laws; coveting, lust, adultery, loving your neighbor, loving your enemy (Matt 5:44), loving God with my whole heart; idolatry and the list goes on..


James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 

This is me.... I am guilty... I stand guilty of not keeping the whole law..
 
Matt 5: 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven. v48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Is there Hope for the Lost, the one who is judged a law breaker? 

 2 Cor 5: 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment