Monday, November 16, 2009

Fences: What are they good for?



What is a fence for... is it a decoration; purely frivolous; or is it for protection ? Do I need fences in my life? Last week I was reading Pastor James MacDonald's blog. He had a posting on fences.
http://blog.harvestbiblefellowship.org
Do I need protection from moral failure? Who me? I don't think so.. I can see Pastors needing this protection but not me.. definitely.. not me..They are in the public's eye..I personally can handle life's temptations..
Reading the word today - 1Thessalonians 2:12 walk in manner worthy of God... Who me? Really God... worthy of You? No man can be worthy.. it's an impossible task that you ask.
1 Thessalonians 4:3 this is the will of God; your sanctification; that is you abstain from sexual immorality...
do You (God) have to put it so bluntly?
Fences: to help protect me from moral failure.. Well, I am not so sure what I think about it and how fences apply to my life. I heard from others in my life about their fences.. not getting in a car with a man you are not married to. I thought that was a little crazy. Some do not eat alone with another man they are not married to.. Well. how else am I going to meet a guy... locked away in my house? I have been known to go on lunches and dinners with married and single men from work or socially. Usually nothing much happens then someone asked... why not take someone... well.. was I wishing something happened? What...NO... . are these Jesus loving friends reading my mind?? Grrrrrr.. How can that be? Should I go hide in shame now?

Does God want me to put these fences up? I am not sure.. maybe... perhaps...part of me desires... I hope not.
Straddling close to the fence... it adds excitement and danger.. Whats wrong with chatting it up a cute male coworker? Getting to know him and his life?

A few years ago I went on a business trip with a male coworker. For 3 days, we did everything together.. the end results.. I was glad I was NOT married to the guy.. I learned way to much about him and him me.
Does God want me to put up some fences in my life? I am not sure. My line of work is mostly with men and it is a fact of life I need to deal with. Is there some fencing that can be laid? I think so.. but do I want God to change me in this area of my life.. Honestly, part of me does not. I like the attention of men when I can get it and I like giving them attention. Every day when I come home I am reminded that I am alone in the world.. Will getting involved with a man solve that? Can I lower my standards... will the God of the Universe still love me if I fall in this area?

I am reminded.. 1 Thessalonians 4:3 this is the will of God; your sanctification; that is you abstain from sexual immorality...


Lord help... this is what I will ask. I am a sinner.. who still desires sin.. please change me and my desires to be in line with your word.
Proverbs 4:26 ponder the path of my feet and let all your ways be established.

These things are a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment