Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Messianic Quest

Here's the Gospel, the Good News, in a nutshell: And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and in which you stand; by which you also are being kept safe, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

In order for a Jew to be saved he must believe that Jesus died for his sins, that He was buried, and that He rose bodily from the dead. The exclusivity of this way was emphasized by Peter in his address to an audience of Jewish listeners: And there is salvation in no other One; for there is no other name under Heaven given among men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12).
http://www.biblestudyproject.org/Jewish-Salvation-messianic.htm#II._THE_SALVATION_OF_INDIVIDUAL_JEWS

While attending Adat Hamaschiah.... I did believe that Yeshua died for my sins... It did not change my life though.. I (and others) got caught up in Jewish rituals, feast, and holidays. I got caught up so much is the 'trappings' I wanted to officially become a jew and move to Israel..
make 'Aliyah' go up.... it was true calling of a jew... how screwed up is that.. I wrote off debt to go. and lied to some people.. how God honoring was that...

No comments:

Post a Comment